Wednesday, October 21, 2009

TWO months old!

I tease some of my friends who have blogs but NEVER update them, and here it's been a month since I've updated ours. I have to say, though, that this past month has just flown by. The first month was kind of long at times, but this second month has gone by way too fast. Look at how big Ash has gotten!







At his six week appointment, Ash weighed 12 lbs, 7 oz and was 23" long--the 75th percentile for both height and weight. He's holding his head up on his own now and smiles a lot, especially right after he's eaten. :) And he's so close to laughing! He mimics us when we try to get him to laugh, and he definitely has the cutest little squeal. He also loves to "dance" by moving his arms and kicking his legs. Beyonce is his favorite, although he likes a lot of hip hop music or songs with a good beat!
We've had quite a few visitors lately. My sister Sarah came from Costa Rica and one of my best friends, Lisa, was here from Oregon. My dad and my sister Katie will be here this weekend--this will be Katie's first time visiting Ash, and the second trip for my dad (who just can't get enough of the little guy). Greg's parents get over to see him when they can, and Hunter is a great big brother on the weekends he's here. I was trying to make dinner one night when Ash started to get fussy, but before I had a chance to get to him, Hunter was already there, calming him down.
Ash and I have also been able to get out and about more lately, now that he's had his shots and I feel a little more at ease with having him in public. We've met friends for lunch, visited Daddy at work for his birthday, and ran errands everywhere from Wal-Mart to Hobby Lobby to the mall. He usually sleeps the entire time!
Sleeping at night is going...okay. We can usually get him to sleep in his crib for the first part of the night, and I can get him to stay there after his 2:00 feeding (sometimes). But a lot of nights, he still ends up either on the couch with one of us or in our bed with us. I'm trying to remind myself that this is a process, and that we're making baby steps towards having a little boy sleep on his own through the night. (We have had a couple nights where he slept in his crib a good straight six hours--ahhh!!)
Eating is going great, which you can obviously tell my his chubby cheeks and thighs. :) He has had a stuffy nose for a couple of weeks, which the doctor said is something to watch but not be overly concerned about. I've actually been sick the last two days, with a fever, cough and overall achiness. I'm hoping it's just a cold, but if I'm not better by tomorrow, I'll be headed to the doctor.
Greg is still the best daddy in the world! He came home from work early today to take care of Ash so I could get some rest. He loves to take Ash outside--whether it's to talk to the neighbors, water the flowers or just sit and enjoy the fresh air. And Ash loves the outside, too. He can be fussy and crying, but as soon as we take him outside, he calms down right away.
We're so blessed to hav Ash in our lives. He's just the sweetest baby and we are thankful for these past two months!

No comments:

Post a Comment